What is ultrasound-guided care?
Orthopedics & Sports Medicine BayCare Clinic offers ultrasound-guided treatments for orthopedic injuries caused by chronic overuse.
Such injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis elbow
- Rotator cuff issues
Ultrasound-guided treatments are minimally invasive. They are intended to promote healing, ease pain and improve function.
Ultrasound-guided treatments include, but are not limited to:
- Microdebridement, in which areas of chronic tendon damage are cleaned out.
- Needle tenotomy, in which areas of chronic tendon damage are perforated.
Musculoskeletal ultrasound, or MSK ultrasound, helps diagnose and guide treatment for ligament, muscle, tendon, cartilage and tissue injuries.
The use of musculoskeletal ultrasound, or MSK ultrasound:
- Ensures that injection treatments are guided to the proper area
- Helps diagnose orthopedic injuries that include, but are not limited to, rotator cuff tears, tennis elbow and Achilles tendinopathy.
- Helps surgical planning by mapping the anatomy before a procedure.